What is AIE?
An Artists in Education (AIE) grant places professional teaching artists in your classroom for a long-term (20-day minimum) residency. Residencies are customized for any grade level or arts discipline (performing, visual, literary). AIE grants provide professional development for your administration and staff, a culminating event to engage the school and its community, and a reflection day for students to reflect on their achievements.
The Artist in Education Residency Grant Program is a great opportunity for schools to:
- Access programming in value of $11,000+
- Impact curriculum
- Expand the arts experiences of students and teachers
- Provide effective professional development in the arts
- Create long-term impact on your school and community through the arts
- Incorporate Social Emotional Learning (SEL) into your curriculum
Guidelines and Application for the 2022 - 2023 school year will be released the first week in October 2021.